43. annual conference of GIWorkshop on Network-based anomaly detection (NAD)
September 16, 2013, Koblenz, Germany
NAD appeals for submissions of high-quality, original scientific or applied papers addressing research on intrusion detection at network layer, especially detection of anomalies at ISP nodes or in insitutional networks. Submissions of two types are invited:
- Scientific papers dealing with novel research results, including work in progress or new concepts.
- Applied papers, presenting experiences of network operators or providers of security appliances.
NAD solicits submission of papers dealing with the following topics:
- Machine learning algorithms in anomaly detection
- Modeling network behaviour
- Detection of botnet C&C traffic
- Automated information exchange across network borders
- Early warning systems
- Outcome correlation
- Privacy aspects of network-based anomaly detection
- Operational experiences of network operators
- Network forensics
- Business models of the underground economy
- Anomaly detection using commodity hardware, especially GPUs
This Workshop is held in cooperation with the GI special interest group SIDAR.